1. Hockey! The WCHA regular season officially kicked off on Friday with Wisconsin, Bemidji State, and Minnesota Duluth all in action. The Badgers swept the Lindenwood with two dominant victories, defeating the Lions 5-1 on Friday and 6-0 on Saturday. The Beavers also earned a big sweep on the road over Robert Morris, winning 5-2 on Friday and 3-1 on Saturday. Minnesota Duluth surprisingly found itself tying with Connecticut on Friday night, but it was still a remarkable 58-shot performance from the team and the Bulldogs bounced back on Saturday with a 3-0 shutout victory.
2. The WCHA Coaches’ Poll was released: And the Gophers finished first with 48 total points and six first place votes. Wisconsin earned the other two first place votes, and was second with 44 points. Minnesota Duluth and North Dakota round out the top four, while Ohio State finished fifth, Minnesota State sixth, Bemidji State seventh, and St. Cloud State eighth. The full results can be found here.
3. Katy Harding Took Over “Nurse’s Notes” For One Post: Wisconsin forward Sarah Nurse is keeping a blog this year over at UWBadgers.com, but she was away at camp with the Canadian National Women’s Team this week, so Badger teammate Katy Harding provided a quick update instead.
4. Gophers’ “Meet the Newcomers”: Minnesota is running a series called “Meet the Newcomers”, and this week saw freshman forward Nina Rodgers profiled.
5. Gracen Hirschy is Vine Famous: And really, do you want to be the only lame person who hasn’t seen it? No. So see it.